SAS: Zombie Assault 4 Discussion

1. DetachedMonkey000127 28 Mar 2016 02:13 AM view
    tytu wrote:
    I think I've said this at least three times or more, and I'll say it again, since you clearly see nothing but our frustration and don't get that we're not asking for a miracle:

I know NK needs money. I know that premiums are how they get money. I can recognize the necessity to have premiums in the game, and I can accept having premiums added in updates.

But why, for goodness sakes, can NK not add something so simple and comparitively easy to the game as a non-exclusive weapon or core respec?

And for the record, the reason that we keep dedicating our frustration to SAS4 is because we actually like it. I once said I hate this game, but that's an incomplete statement. I hate where this game is going.

SAS4 has a history with me of having cool updates that make the game fun. Now NK is abandoning it and won't tell us why or listen to our requests about it.

Why is it so incredibly important that what is arguably the laggiest Flash Game in history gets an update, listen, if NK shows minimal interest in it, why bother, if NK has never listened, what are you expecting to happen?

You have account for the fact that Flash is at its upper limits, some of these suggestions may just push it a hair to far.

If this game is below your standards, find something new, I could assure you that a better game is out there, if the way this game is taken care of is an issue to you, I could guarantee you that there are better taken care of games in this world, it must not be hard to find them too. NK is set in their ways, like it or not, they don't think they need to change, and they can't be too bad, people still play this game, even though they remark about hating it so much, NK outdid themselves, they made a game people hate on in excess, and yet return to it.

They may not be fitting your standards because of their current workload (developing a game, while updating other games). But, it's how it goes. It can't be too bad, considering NK still has a following, and remains in existence.

It's hard to tell that people like this game, due to all the frustrated posts that it kicks off. If this game is that horribly bad, and you really are that frustrated with the game, why bother?
  2. tytu

Dark-matter 38-classicsupermonkey 38
    tytu 28 Mar 2016 03:56 AM The shootiness of Flash has not stopped NK from adding a ton of premiums into the game, so it's definitely not going to stop them from--oh gosh, what an insurmountable horror--adding a core respec to the game! *GASP*

Also, kinda dodged the obvious opener, but you're missing the entire point of my argument!

I know NK is set in their ways! I know there are better games than SAS4! That's not my point!

I think you're mistaking our frustration for blind, misguided rage. It's not. We're very passionate about SAS4 because we want it to be more than a big, festering, rotten turd, and we're not going to give up, because if we do, NK will always act on the same pattern of adding great things into games and then letting problems arise while proceeding to never solve them!

I do not find this game alone bad! I find the direction it's steering towards and the approach Ninja Kiwi is taking about it bad! They're killing this game, don't you see it?

Also, if NK can make dozens of premiums while working on TK, then why can't they add core respecs into the game?
  3. arush

Xiii 32-sabotageninja 35
    arush 28 Mar 2016 11:24 AM tytu, i really love how passionate you are with this game, how much you love it, how much you're trying to rectify the broken ness of the game. and really, if this were a movie, you will win (after half an hour of all-out action). but this is not a movie. this is real life. and you are trying to change the minds of people who refuse to have their minds changed.

my point here is, it isn't going to work. NK is not going to right this game, for the simple reason that they gave up on it. I bet NK has already had a round-table conference where they agreed to ditch efforts in pulling this game up from its grave. I bet the only reason they added the new premiums is to get what little money they can from out of it, and to leave people like you (except a little less smart) thinking this game is going to keep going.

and so, to finish this, the game is good as dead. and as i have said earlier, this game has become a zombie game. and zombie killer rohan will be putting the last nail in the coffin soon enough.
  4. Pravda

The-watchers 16-devastator 28
    Pravda 28 Mar 2016 01:23 PM view
    arush wrote:tytu, i really love how passionate you are with this game, how much you love it, how much you're trying to rectify the broken ness of the game. and really, if this were a movie, you will win (after half an hour of all-out action). but this is not a movie. this is real life. and you are trying to change the minds of people who refuse to have their minds changed.

my point here is, it isn't going to work. NK is not going to right this game, for the simple reason that they gave up on it. I bet NK has already had a round-table conference where they agreed to ditch efforts in pulling this game up from its grave. I bet the only reason they added the new premiums is to get what little money they can from out of it, and to leave people like you (except a little less smart) thinking this game is going to keep going.

and so, to finish this, the game is good as dead. and as i have said earlier, this game has become a zombie game. and zombie killer rohan will be putting the last nail in the coffin soon enough.

I guess SAS 4 will be NK's broken lynchpin then when their behavior causes those who joined NK for SAS 4 to leave.
  5. Pravda

The-watchers 16-devastator 28
    Pravda 28 Mar 2016 01:26 PM view @Anotheraccount192856

I used to like the game myself, but the truth is, they have made premium pack after premium pack. People who gave NK money to get the premiums with the subconscious hope NK would update the game are now getting fed up with it. have you seen how many virus sample reskins we have?!
  6. IUPEACE

Black-cobras 20-btd_survival 22
    IUPEACE 28 Mar 2016 01:31 PM I hope they bring back overclocked on semi autos and re buff normal shocky pierce to 3
  7. Wolverine98 28 Mar 2016 03:04 PM OC on semi autos? Why? idk why NK ever had that, they disapprove of auto clickers, but bring in fire rates that are absolutely absurd for clicking.
  8. DetachedMonkey000127 28 Mar 2016 07:31 PM view
    tytu wrote:I think you're mistaking our frustration for blind, misguided rage. It's not. We're very passionate about SAS4

Why is this game so important? So what it isn't the world's greatest, who cares!? It's just a game. It just isn't going to be dealt with in a way that you find suitable, what can you legally do about it? It's clear that this game isn't going to fit a lot of people's standards, and many have attributed such to NK's actions (whether it's a truthful accusation or not is up for debate), but, it's almost weird that people get so fired up over a FLASH GAME. I'm yet to get how a bunch of organized pixels, and many lines of code can make so many people so passionate. The game doesn't care back, you know.

Listen, if you know NK isn't going to intervene and do what you see is fit, they why try? Why care? Why get so attached to a mere game, a Flash Game at that? Why get so attached to a game that, in your opinion, will always be sub-par?
  9. spool

The-scorpions 7-wizard 16
    spool Admin 28 Mar 2016 07:59 PM In all reality, what happened, was that the main artist behind all the SAS4 missions left the company 2 months ago. Before he left we was tasked with making another few sets of guns which he did. So all these premium guns are gun sets that we've had for a little while now but there was no reason to let them all go out at once. No extra time has been spent making new art for the game since he left apart from a UI artist making some of the banners and icons for events when they are needed. The last two guns left to be released might be released as championship guns.

We have hired other artists since, 3 more in-fact, but they are all mainly 3D artists and don't do Flash art. They are all working on other games and I don't have any game-play artists for making SAS4 content anymore. All I have is a UI artist who sometimes has spare time to spend on SAS4. So I work with what I have and have spent time making "Event" type stuff rather than new gameplay type mechanics. Which is why soon we'll have daily missions, collection type tasks, global events and kill quests with certain types of guns. Its all stuff that my UI artists can do and why I've been focusing on that style of stuff over making new missions.
  10. Sublight 28 Mar 2016 08:01 PM so basically rancor sadeye is never going to be released spool? that's what im getting

You are viewing the forum archives and posting is disabled. Check out the new forums right here!

Ajax-loader